Saturday, February 06, 2010




Ear Infection Drama!
So on Wed. Sari spiked a fever again even with Amoxicilin in her system....so Thurs I took her to the Dr again and found that her ear infection had not gotten any better and was worse. GREAT! So we then put her on Augmention I gave her one dose and she had a fever so when she threw up a hour or so after her med I thought it was because she was too hot. (Anya always threw up with a fever) Well about a hour after her bedtime dose she again started throwing up....not just spitting up...but full force throwing up over and over until it was out of her system. So I began to suspect the med and then I gave her a bath and noticed a few hives, not too bad but enough to really think it was the med. So yesterday I gave her another dose in the morning to see if she would react to it again and YES she did! Within a hour she was throwing up and had 3 times as many hives as the night before. So I called the Dr. argued with the nurse about her having a reaction and we had to go in again. Her ears looked okay at the visit and we have taken her off all antibiotics for now....which means I expect another ear infection this week. Today the hives are worse and she looks pathetic! I was soooooo hoping that she wouldn't have ear infections like RaeLee! OH well, now I have two kids allergic to amoxicilin.........



1 comment:

Noodle said...

auh man that sucks... Sammy got hives once and it sucked... Sari looks cute with rosie cheeks... But I guess she would look cute no matter what =) I hope she gets feeling better real soon...